Provide vital support for people with disabilities and their families, helping them to find their way through the maze of the social service system while promoting consumer choice and self-determination. Case Managers strive to work with individuals and their families to develop creative strategies that would meet each person’s continuing needs and desires.
Hammer’s Case Managers:
• Develop a comprehensive person-centered plan for each individual.
• Determines individual’s requirements by having regular contact; with other team members determining need for therapeutic medical, psycho-social, and psychiatric evaluations; reviewing therapist evaluations, objectives, and plans.
• Ensure safety with risk management and assessment
• Maintains individual records by reviewing progress and documenting status updates.
• Help individuals understand available service options
• Identify potential providers
• Provide support in accessing and coordinating services
• Evaluate and monitor services: monitors cases by verifying individual’s attendance; observing and evaluating treatments and responses; advocating for needed services and entitlements; obtaining additional resources; intervening in crises; providing support.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology; LSW preferred. Previous case management experience preferred; Must have expertise in working within the Waiver systems, particularly DD and CADI waivers; and an understanding of Medical Assistance.