We currently have a great opportunity available for an experienced, dedicated individual with a passion for working with people with intellectual disabilities.
Job Duties Include:
The Program Director is a supervisor and resource person for Program Managers. As a resource person, the Program Director will assist in areas such as; staff development, personnel issues, and programming issues.
The Program Director must be knowledgeable of the field of Developmental Disabilities, and be able to utilize new developments in the field and be able to:
• Be a liaison with the community for the purpose of public relations.
• Work effectively with the Management Team, support staff, consultants, and other service providers.
• Ensure that program services are developed for the people being served in the homes.
• Follow all pertinent policies and procedures relating to the delivery of services and the general management of the organization.
A Bachelors degree in a social service-related field from an accredited college or university. Social service-related fields would include, but not be limited to, Education, Special Education, Psychology, Social Work, and Sociology.
– Have at least two years of experience in the field of Developmental Disabilities
– Ability to converse effectively with other professionals in the Developmental Disabilities field
– Genuine sensitivity to and interest in people with Developmental Disabilities
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to think critically and problem solve
– Ability to interpret and mange a budget
– Ability to work effectively as a team member and to manage a team of staff members
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Hammer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.